수요일, 8월 02, 2006

Ramyun

It's been several years now since I swore off ramyun, or instant noodles. After tasting "real" noodles, which can be had quite cheaply anywhere in the country, I can't imagine why so many Koreans are addicted to the instant, dehydrated, cholesterol-enriched fake stuff. However, my wife eats a bowl of ramyun every other day or so, and in fact prefers it to most of the western dishes I make. There are many varieties, too--hot, cold, made with rice starch, potato starch, green tea, whole wheat, spicy, super spicy, and heartburn-for-a-week spicy.

Anyway, if you're feeling like jazzing up a bowl of ramyun for a special occasion, check out this Korean blog for some serving ideas.

On anunrelated note, I found a 250g roll of Hungarian Salami at E-mart yesterday for 6,900 won. I bought it,and made a sandwich with it today. It tasted a little strange--is Hungarian salami meant to be cooked before eating? Serving suggestions would be welcome.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 오전 GMT+9, Blogger ZenKimchi said...

I know the "Hungarian salami" you're talking about. I bought the pepperoni and one of the other salamis from the same supplier. They both tasted like glorified beef sticks. They taste better if you slice them really thin on a slicer and add them to a sandwich with other meats. They're not good as a primary sandwich meat.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home