금요일, 8월 31, 2007

If I wanted your opinion, I' I'd give it to you.

Life is busy--I'm just starting studies by distance ed at Athabasca University--but I've been increasingly compelled to write down what I really think about certain issues. Someone has said that any real biography ends at the age of 30, meaning that what one does with the first 30 years generally decides the course of the next 40. I'm not sure I completely agree with that, but it got me thinking.
Up to now, one of my general philosophies has been that it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to argue with one and be inducted into the club. However, as I approach the end of my third decade, I'm realizing that the choices of no consequence, when taken together, direct the path of one's life.
So, over the next few months, I hope to put down in html, my position on certain rather inconsequential social issues, politics, theology, and so on. I expect a lot of people may be surprised at what I think, and even more will disagree with me, but it needs to be done.

A disclaimer: These opinions of mine, while presented somewhat dogmatically, do not mean that they are not open to revision. There is a great deal of flawed thinking in my mind, and I am always open to new perspectives presented in a constructive way.

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home