화요일, 9월 26, 2006

Interesting Stuff:

I found a bit of mold growing on my old backpack the other day, so I washed it well, and then hung it out to dry from our verandah rail for a couple days. Once it was dry, I took it in ad left it next to the window for another day or so. When I finally got around to putting it away, I found this little critter sleeping in among the folds of the bag. Fortunately he was sleepy enough so as to not start flying all over the house. I took him outside and let him loose. Despite their ugly appearance, I love bats, mainly because they are excellent eaters of those pesky mosquitoes.









Next up is a page out of a song book my son was given. There is also an accompanying CD, in both English and Korean.

Here in Korea, passing gas and pooping is not really considered as rude as it might be in Canada, and for kids, it's an endless source of fun and cuteness. In fact, there is a very popular kids show character whose name could be translated, "Little Farter." My son loves that show!

Anyway, here's the lyrics to the song, if you can't make them out:

Daddy's bottom sings like an elephant.
Mommy's bottom sings like a deer.
My bottom sings . . . bong bong bong bong bong bong bong bong!


Here is a bonus that we got when we ordered Fried Chicken from DHA. I believe it was to celebrate the raising of prices from 11,000 won to 12,000.

I wasn't sure what this little critter would eat, but the answer turned out to be . . . just about anything! He eats spinach the best, and can chew through almos 2 big leaves a day!








Finally, we have a Coin-operated Helium Balloon Dispenser - put your money in, and try to catch the balloon before it gets away. I found this in the basement of the Geumgangsan Resort Hotel near Taejin.

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home